11.02.2008

WHAT A HALLOWEEN

WORK

THE THEME WE went with at work was scrubs/vampires. Not much of a dress up for me...like getting ready to .. well .. go to work at the last job. I personally voted for 80's rockers but I was out voted. It was still a great day, really fun, very, VERY unproductive shift, it was nice!

THE TEAM

JOSH ANDERSON - ME - BRONSON HIGHAM






WORK HAD A few random make shift haunted houses. I slowed down the shutter speed inside and this is what came out...kinda creepy!






THE NOT DISTANT ENOUGH PAST


DURING MY LONG lunch break halloween afternoon, I drove down to the trailer park I spent the first 6 years of my life and the only years that I spent with my father. After I started work in south Phoenix, I knew I was close to it. The yard had been shortened and it was not the same trailer (after nearly 30 years, I would hope not) that I was brought home to. It was eeire. The street St.Catherine is how I got my middle name (leave off the Saint) and my first and worst memories are here. After it all, it was actually pretty cool to go back there. And oddly enough, there was a rooster in the yard...Amy must have put it there!





THE BEST PART

MY LITTLE ASTRONAUT loves the stars. Always pointing out just about every single star in the sky when she can see them as well as every star shape on shirts, in books, and every other place imaginable. No pretty princess in pink for this kid!



ABSOLUTELY CANNOT GO to the moon without Milhouse


HAPPY WITH A mouth full of milk chocolate.

6 comments:

Jill said...

That's a great costume, I love how independent Shelby is. You have allowed her to be creative and free and she thinks for herself. Maybe she really will go to the moon someday!

LannaBear said...

By far my favorite picture of the Shelb-ster. (The last one). I love that she wasn't a pretty pretty princess! You go kid. Way to break the norm. She is going to be amazing! Oh wait she already is. Thanks to you sister!

aj perkins said...

Shelby is the perfect astronaught. I was wondering if that was the healthy kind of chocolate?? LOL, anyway looks like you had a fun Halloween, and sure I put the ROOSTER in the front yard.

Cindy said...

Hey I woulda voted 80's rocker, too!! Love your friends teeth. :) You are lookin so dang cute and your hair has gotten so LONG! That is cool that you visited your old 'hood, weird how that seems to bring back memories (some that we may not want) Shelby is the cutest! The girl could wear a paper bag and still look adorable. We love you girls!!!!

Missy and David Vadasy said...

Great Halloween pictures! Shelby is adorable :o)

Holly Kirsten said...

I cannot wait to meet her!! you are so lucky to have such a beautiful little girl! xo holly!