10.26.2008

SAN TAN FLATS



AMY CAME INTO town this week so her and I left our kiddo's with her hubby Friday night so that we could get out and 'cut loose'. We went to one of my favorite places in the valley out in Queen Creek. San Tan Flats, it's a family friendly saloon with a restaurant, fire pits for roastin marshmallows, live country music and dancing. The story behind this place is pretty awesome. "An article...in the East Valley Tribune straight out of the movie “Footloose” reports that Dale Bell, the owner of San Tan Flats was ordered to pay a $5000 fine for customers dancing in the open air. Bell has tried to curb dancing at his establishment. His response, “It’s impossible to … ensure no one breaks out in the waltz or two step,” I may have to file for a special permit myself as my son has been known to dance for no apparent reason. We’ve just moved to a new home near that area, but luckily Maricopa county is dance friendly." We had so much fun and so did the kids.

SHELBY HAD HER eye on Gage the whole night! They were so cute playing together.



ONCE AGAIN....SO nice to be back. (Halloween many moons ago)

4 comments:

aj perkins said...

Oh my gosh what a crazy pic and i totally remember that. What a perfect time to post it to (right before Halloween). Thanks again for the fun night, we will definetly have to do it again. Let me know next time you are up this way.

Shelley said...

Hey Sarah,
I was so happy to see your comment, I'm so sorry we didn't get to see you while we were in AZ. Kenneth and I loved your pictures.

LannaBear said...

Wooly bully!!! Ha ha you had to dress up to be a hippie? LOL! Yea right. jk!!!

Cindy said...

I can't believe that I live right around the corner from San Tan Flats and have NEVER been there!! It sounds like such a fun place. Gotta go and soon. :) Long time friends are the best aren't they? What a great pic of the two of you!