9.23.2008

EMBRACING ARIZONA {1}


I HAVE NEVER thought of Arizona as a place I would stay in long after I left my mothers home. I imagined leaving after college; moving to some new and vibrant state chalk full of majestic mountains, green grassy hills, and wind that blows through my hair without causing sweat to drip down my face bringing with it bits of dirt. While Arizona is full of wide open spaces, it still for some reason felt confining and tight; knowing every patch of green in the state and who comes along with that corner. After the very recent descent from my denial, I have realized that I am going to be here for awhile, which leads me to my gradual embrace of this legendary state and the locking away of those moments that help me realize this love.

6 comments:

moriah said...

i love arizona. i love that it is the wild west. there is something rebelious about it. i love the warmth. i love the open space. i love the desert. it has the kind of beauty that not everyone can understand, but i do.

aj perkins said...

Well I am glad that you are staying for quite a while because it is so nice to have my friend back. I loved the picture you posted. I love that you can be in the dessert and then within only a few hours you are in some of the most beautiful mountains. Although sometimes I would like to know what its like to live somewhere else. Hey sarah, does Glen ring a bell??

Nikki Nielson said...

Hey Sarah! I am glad you found my blog, it was fun looking at yours. Shelby is beautiful, love all that hair! You look really happy and I am so glad. I love blogging and finding my friends, its the best! So you are staying in AZ huh well we are in Utah for now but who knows after that, it would have been much more simple to stick in AZ but oh well. You will have to keep in touch. Talk to you soon!

LannaBear said...

This is a beautiful picture.

My family Begins said...

I'm glad you'll be here for awhile. Arizona has a lot to offer, but if Andy didn't have so many reservations about leaving, I'd move to California. We were lucky to grow up in the White Mountains where we were able to enjoy the 4 seasons, but the hot desert heat for 5 months gets to me every year.

Unknown said...

At least its not freezing cold for six months of the year. Your kid is really cute i think that she looks just like you.