10.04.2008

OUR AUTHENTIC SELVES

YESTERDAY AT WORK I was talking to my friend Adam about the hurricanes of human lives and when those few moments are that we are our most authentic selves. Moments when a person is at peace, is not being judged by another or even god and may even be completely self-unaware. A time when a person is simply existing as themselves without push or pull. A feeling that what ever it is that a person is doing at that time is what they were meant to be doing, like the color of your eyes and the inability you have to change that fact about yourself.
In the same split second, two things side by side came into my mind when i thought about this. My most authentic self is when I am one on one with Shelby, but knowing that has only been in the last 2 1/2 years of my life, there at the finish line beside her was this...






I AM CURIOUS about all of your answers to this same question. I "tag" all of you to blog about your authentic self moments.

4 comments:

aj perkins said...

Geee thats a good one. I think any time I am in the woods surrounded by all of Gods creations and everything is quiet and you can think about anything is one of mine, and another is when I am driving either by myself or with my kids and we turn up the music to sing even though I do not have a good voice or know all of the words I just sing.

moriah said...

I love this post! It is good to think and reconnect with ourselves, with our true selves and be able to identify who we really are and when we are completley comfortable or authentic.

LannaBear said...

I love you you you you.

My family Begins said...

I really can't stop thinking about this post. I am still trying tind out what my Authentic Self is. I would have to say it has changed through the years. Let me keep thinking about this one and then I will post it on my blog