4.26.2008

TEMPORARY INSANITY


I WILL NEVER complain about shaving my legs again! It will be a week tomorrow since the water heater broke. The photo is of my valiant attempt to fix this problem after the part ordered came in the mail. This effort took an act of bravery. Instructions encourage you to 'unscrew the door to the COMBUSTION CHAMBER', warn repeatedly - 'EXPLOSION HAZARD', and oh ya, don't forget to turn off the gas first. Installed perfectly of course, it still wouldn't work. I would sell my...no, trade.....no, give away my right arm just to have hot water come out of a shower again. Taking a cold shower everyday is really not that bad until it comes time to shave or wash your hair. I have three options otherwise; I have done all three. Take one at someone Else's house, logically the best idea, only its not when you are packing a 2 year old around and the only family you have here is $10 in gas away. Then you start to think in other directions...."I can just stay home and take a cold shower then wash my hair in the sink"(option #2), to avoid freezing to death. The only downfall to this option is you cant shave your legs(without getting goose bumps and massive razor burn). Option #3, heat up 5 pans of water on the stove and sit in a still only luke warm tub filled maybe 6 inches. You end up flopping around like a dying King Salmon trying desperately to get all the conditioner out of your hair. And after all of this I feel bad complaining knowing I can take a cold but clean shower when some people on this earth would sell...no,trade...no, give away their soul just to have that much.

1 comment:

moriah said...

i have attempted to fix the wash machine and i have fixed the garbage disposal, but i have never tried the hot water heater. it takes me back to the days of when i had to start a fire to get hot water. i love to be able to just jump into the shower and have hot water. i am sorry for your troubles. good luck.