4.19.2008

AND SHE TURNS TWO!


SHELBY TURNED TWO yesterday. Leave it to a child to bring us all together again for the first time. We threw a lovely little soiree to celebrate my beautiful child. Free of animosity or clickish corners.

Just a brief moment of sentimental retrospect - two years and two days ago I went into labor after a very long 9 months and one week(uhh). Shelby takes her time in all she does. Exactly 24 hours of labor, at 6:57pm I finally heard that battle cry! Every day since then has been the most blissfully potent, unbearably worrisome of my life. Shelby brings new meaning to all things beautiful and vibrant. As I tell her every night between bed time and prayer time..."I love you more than all the fishes in the sea and higher than the moon AND more than anyone or anything on this entire planet or in the whole entire universe" and I always will!



BLOWING OUT HER candle


CLAIRE SHELBY and TYLER


GRANDPA LEWIS WILLIAMS and my GRANDFATHER BRUCE NICHOLS. Glad to meet at Shelbys party, you should have heard this conversation; it was if you can imagine, about losing their wives of 60+ years.

5 comments:

My family Begins said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday Shelby.

The Hawkins Family said...

that was such a cute little part for her. Glad I was able to come. She was adorable opening her presents.

Krista said...

Happy Birthday to Shelby! Sarah, I really wish we could have made it I have been dying to see you! We need to catch up!

jes said...

happy 2 years to shelby!

moriah said...

i am so glad she had a happy birthday with lots of love! i really can't believe she is two.