3.26.2008

SHE'S WEARIN ME OUT!

WELL, MORE ON Shelby folks. This kid is turning into a 2 year old I guess. Still sweet, but MAN! I now have to run after her in the store, scared half to death when I turn around and she's not where she was literally 1 1/2 seconds ago. I catch up with the little weasel and she is laughing so hard when we all know "it is not funny"all the while trying so hard not to laugh myself.

THE BED SITUATION has gotten out of control. Shelby is no longer a good sleeper. She is constantly waking up, so I decided to set up her crib again since that is all that has changed since the "good sleeper" turned bad. NOW, in her room, there is a big girl bed/wall flower, a pack-n-play, and once again a crib. She still woke up this morning at 6am instead of the usual 8am. Iv been trying to get over strep this week, and she is not helping.

ANOTHER NOTABLE "ACTIVITY", the unloading of the laundry basket. Any full laundry basket gets thrashed and emptied in a matter of seconds.

BUT EVEN AFTER all that, she turns around and says something that reminds me how worth it it all is. For instance, the other day, and you have to keep in mind that she just started to put two words together at a time. She turned to grab my hand as we were walking out the door and said " Let's go sugar". I almost died.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't believe she said that. That is the cutest thing! Is she 2 yet? Cuz...Ellee will barely say "Momma" on a RARE occasion and she'll be 2 in June.

And, I understand how you feel with the running away thing. Ellee thinks it's hilarious to run away or go the opposite direction that I want her to go. It gets so frustrating sometimes!

Good luck with the bed situation! At least she has options each night. :)

My family Begins said...

"Let's go sugar"? how adorable. Are you bringing her with on Friday? I hope so, I want to meet her.

The Hawkins Family said...

so sweet shelbers. we miss you guys, when are we gonna get together? I haven't heard about your job yet. How is it? O guess what? David (anderson) night tech, is totally crushing on my sister Jamie. They have gone out a couple times. cute huh? she is working here now and that's how they met. well let me know when we can all get together again.

The Baum Squad said...

Oh my heart goes out to you....just wait for the horrible 3's...."I can do it by myself." You are such a good mother and I admire that you are doing it alone (well kind of - you know what I mean). I love that my Macy came 1st before my boys. I hope she is always my best pal and helper. Sounds like Shelby loves her "sugar" mama a lot. Aren't we lucky to know these sweet little people?