3.19.2008

FIRST PAINT JOB

THE WORLD OF girl is so much fun. I painted Shelbys nails last night for the first time. She loved it! There was no protesting, no squirming, no nothing, which is unusual if you knew how "nail clipping time" goes. She sat there perfectly still watching my every move as I hovered over her perfect little toes. Shelby is much more girly than I ever was and still am. She loves to watch me put on my makeup and tries to put it on herself. She loves shoes, loves hats, loves the mirror, loves to brows Old Navy, and always lets me do her hair with pleasure. I just know I didn't have the patience for stuff like that when I was her age. If Beth is reading this I know she is laughing; she has a "tendency" to make fun of this contrast between Shelby and I; but I will welcome the difference and paint her nails princess pink any day she wants me to.

CHECKING OUT THE product.

SHE GETS THE concept!

ADMIRATION

4 comments:

jes said...

how fun.. i better get a girl!! (give me like 3 years though!) and the jellies!?! i LOVED jellies.. how fun you found some for her!

Brooke said...

Those are the cutest pictures! I love how she's admiring her newly painted little piggies. So cute! I don't know if Ellee would have the patience quite yet for that--but the pictures make me want to give it a try.

The Hawkins Family said...

that is so sweet sarah, love the pics

My family Begins said...

"THE WORLD OF GIRL" is so much fun, hopefully someday God will bless me with one, so I can share my love for "girly things" with.