3.16.2008

NOSTALGIA


A STAPLE TO any little girls wardrobe, JELLIES! Wistful childish memories came in when I locked eyes on these jellies. I couldn't believe I was buying a pair for my daughter, MY DAUGHTER! What about me? When did I grow up and out of these shoes and fasten them onto my own kids feet? As I watched her run around the backyard with her new pair of shoes she has yet to find her own nostalgic appreciation for, I couldn't help but giggle seeing the little rocks getting stuck in the soles, wedged inside the little rubber caves. The colors, the smells, the glitter, the rocks.......just as I remember.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Where did you find those!? I used to LOVE those things! And, I instantly remembered all the rocks that got stuck...oh the memories! Cute post.

Krista said...

Jellies! I miss those shoes! They are super cute! I need to go get Kloey some, she has out grown her last pair, but I am sure they might stretch to her foot. hmm. we shall see. We need to get together sometime Sarah! I haven't seen you in forever!

The Baum Squad said...

I got to just say that your blog was one I could not stop reading. I love it. You are so talented and Shelby is a doll. Keep it up!