1.11.2008

LONG CHAPTERS END




MOVING ON MEANS leaving things behind, sometimes that is not so easy. This year has been full of the closing and opening of chapters. Moving back up north means after 7 long years at work in the Emergency Department at Banner Gateway, before that Banner Mesa AND before that Mesa Lutheran Hospital(that right there should tell you how long I have worked there), I worked my last shift last night. My one constant, my Mesa family, basically everything I have known since I was 19 and fresh out of high school. Thankfully alone I cleaned out my locker, balled my eyes out and went home after an emotionally draining shift. Here is to them, my "people" who work their you know whats off to the bone for 12 hours at night, risking exposure which translates into risking their lives for others, only sitting down to document their work. Hear is to 4am conversations that would terrify any layman. Here is to 11 of us doctors, nurses and technicians all pregnant at the same time, to "playing with pee", and to my very last task before I left - counting the respirations of a beautiful new born baby boy(kind of ironic). And the chapter closes.

No comments: