1.14.2008

NO "WEAK"END!

FROM BEGINNING TO end this last weekend spent in Show Low was anything but dull. We will start off slow! On the way up I finally stopped and took a picture of this saguaro cactus I have always loved. It looks like no other dying cactus I have ever seen. To me this old guy died and only became stronger. Some a little more spiritually sensitive might think otherwise but my imagination finds beauty in this devilish horned creature rising from the dirt; strong and dark it has been there forever seeming to only tower larger and higher with each chunk of rotten flesh falling to the ground.



AFTER A NOT so long day of apartment hunting, Summer, Moriah and I got together at Sum's for a gool'ol fashioned slumber party. With husbands out of town, we ordered a veggie pizza (hold the olives and tomatoes add pineapple and light on the sauce with, hallelujah - ONIONS because David was gone!), ate chocolate and talked until one in the morning about things no one, and I mean NO ONE should ever hear unless you are one of the three of us. We, I should say summer built us a fire and much to her dismay (but lucky for me), there was no kindling left. Summer had to go in the garage, hatchet in hand and do some chopping. Talk about a KODAK moment!



SWEET LITTLE HOLDEN got himself a package in the mail that evening. It was what I believe to be a right of passage for some little "dudes". A Bengals football uniform that will surely rival that of his cousin Brecks Cardinal one. My little brother had a Miami Dolphins one and if I remember the conversation correctly, David, Summers husband had one as well (probably not the only Williams brother to sport one). With the amount of time I have seen those boys wearing those helmets I cant figure out if the chance of injury would decrease because of the extra protection or increase because of the extra tackles!



THE NEXT DAY, Mikey and I 4x4ed our way up to Juniper Ridge look out tower. It was windy, beautiful, romantic, and FREEZING cold. I loved every minute of it.



ANOTHER NOTABLE ADVENTURE was the critter list put together over the three days. Mikey and I saw a raccoon and a bald eagle(the good eye award actually goes to Mikey, he needs a few points because I repeatedly kick his butt in darts and cornhole which he has dubbed me the cornhole world series champion, a title I will proudly keep!) and I saw deer and a skunk on my way home. Always amazing to me.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Thanks a LOT for that lovely picture of me chopping kindling (Can you sense my sarcasm??). Oh well, you redeem yourself with the super cute picture of Holden! Also, the cactus is awesome! Glad you made it home safely.

jes said...

hey sarah, i don't mind at all if you add me to your list if you don't mind if i add you to mine!! i was going to ask, but you beat me to it. so you and shelby are up here now? what's going on? are you going to work at the hospital, or a dr's office? your last entry is all i know, and since mikey had you to himself last night:), i didn't get to ask..

jes said...

that picture of holden.. LOVE it.