9.27.2009

A SHOUT OUT TO ANSEL

IT WAS MY Grandpas 92nd birthday last weekend. He was up from Safford to celebrate at my moms. He brought me up a book that made me really excited. It is a 1948 first edition of Ansel Adams photographs titled Yosemite and the Sierra Nevada. He asked me if I knew his work and I said YES, of course, everyone does. He seemed a little unaware of his fame. Then he proceeded to tell me about shooting with him and how Ansel had an 8x10 enlarger but that he (my grandpa) only had room to house a 4x5, and other details only a personal conversation could tell. I was floored. My Grandpa doesn't lie about things, he doesn't even really ever joke. Still unsure if I should really believe it but he grew up near Yosemite, went to Berkeley and USC and probably ran into people like that from time to time.

I THOUGHT THAT for the rest of the month I would shoot in only black and white for a little bit of fun. I am a little to blue in tint right now and need to adjust my manual settings but this could be a good experiment.
Here are the happenings so far the last two weeks.

GRANDPAS BIRTHDAY AND most guests in attendance

GRANDPA


MICHAEL AND AMELIA


LILY


JOAQUIN


BALLOONS





AFRICAN VIOLET



COOKING



BATH



BRISTOL



WOODLAND WILDLIFE FESTIVAL

RUFUS PHASE RED-tailed Hawk



(100%) ARCTIC WOLF


1 comment:

The Hawkins Family said...

Have I ever told you how great of a photographer you are? Well....YOU ARE. Shelby is growing into such a little girl, she doesn't even resemble a baby anymore. She is so beautiful.