3.11.2009

2008/2009 GOOD FINDS (so far)

HERE ARE A few of my favorite things acquired/discovered this last year:

THIS TINY LITTLE porcelain tooth keeper. It wont be needed for a few years but this gift to Shelby from my Aunt Carol is priceless and I love it. Very special.


THIS FAMILY HEIRLOOM passed to me from Aunt Carol. I use it at my little computer desk.


THIS CROSLEY RADIO I use in the kitchen. All I had was some music on my laptop. I have never gotten so much work done so willingly in the kitchen until now. I like that it is just the AM/FM radio. It does have the "port holes ?" to hook up an ipod or CD player to it but the simplicity of this cutie warms my kitchen (plus I don't own a flippin ipod). :)


THIS LOTION, MMMMMMMmmmmmm! It smells so good and it is not to perfumy, light enough for everyday post shower use. I like the Pomegranate Sunflower but there are other 'flavors'; and bonus...its all natural!


FOUND THIS SOAP dish at Anthropologie for $12. So Pretty!


THIS DRESS FORM. I found this 50% off at JoAnn's a few months ago. Why would I need this? Well if you knew KNEW me in high school, you would know that I made most of my own shirts and dresses. We were poor people :). School shopping consisted of one trip a year to the valley and no mall...Savers and Goodwill. I was, like most girls, concerned with being somewhat fashionable. While on our $1 a shirt shopping spree I would usually look for "workable" clothes and material. My main source of inspiration (since we didn't have TV) was my moms People Magazines. I am really thankful for this blessing in disguise; and for the new dress form that will enable me to sew without poking to death my own shoulders and underarms. HOORAY!

3 comments:

moriah said...

YOU will have to post your creations from the dress form. Someday I will learn to sew.

Lise' said...

You are so cute my sweet cousin! I love your display of finds recently. Hehe, I wish I knew how to sew!

LannaBear said...

Thhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese are a feeeeeww of my favorite things! WHEN THE DOG BITES!When the BEE STINGS.............................................