9.07.2008

LEE'S FERRY, ARIZONA

SHORTER THAN OUR average, Alanna and I took a 24 hour camping/fishing(ha) trip to Lee's Ferry, just outside of Page. This was my first Grand Canyon experience! You would think as a native I would have made it there by now, or at the very least have run into it, kind of hard to miss. I guess gravitating towards mountains led me out of its way. A 'few' pictures in chronological order-

"THE ALIENS HAVE landed."



ON OUR OWN private sandbar.



"THE WICKED WEED", a bad place to stop and pee ladies!

OUR "TOYOTA COMMERCIAL"


ACTUALLY FISHING



A COUPLE FAVORITES



NOT APPROPRIATE FOR small children and please...try this at home, not in a campground. Alanna and I picked out a nice little spot to set up camp when all of a sudden we see a 'neighbor' sit up and take notice. Chester (the name we gifted him) went over to his picnic table and proceed to creep us out. Chester sat and stared in our general direction for a good 10 minutes before he busted out his binoculars! YES! And I thought it couldn't get any worse. After we noticed and he noticed that we noticed, he sat down (not far enough)behind his truck, started to pick at his feet and continued to grab his crotch. UMMmmmm, we moved to a different spot.
YES I POINTED my camera at him, we tried to creep him out too. Lucky you, here's a shot of the crotch grab-


BEFORE..


AND AFTER...


TOTALLY MADE FUN of her for this "head gear", then later had to put my foot in my mouth!


HAVE TO GIVE a shout out to our new friend Matt, the hot river guide from Lake Tahoe who saved us from Chester and helped us put up our tent. We also played the best and most interesting game of Go-Fish I have ever played. Thanks for hanging out Matt, such a nice surprise.

FOR ALANNA:

*SCHVITZLANNA
*"ALWAYS BRINGS ME BACK DOWN TO EARTH"
*YARD SALE
*HOTEL DE ALANNA AND SARAH
*AHHH, THE MESH?!!
*THAT EVIL HORSE WITH THE HIPS
*OOOOHHHH JACKSON, THANKS, ITS BEEN AWHILE!
*GAS STATION?...AH WHO NEEDS EM!
*STYROFOAM FREAKIN CUP
*THIS PICTURE-

2 comments:

LannaBear said...

Ya know...I thought...I'm going to blog the trip...but you did such a great job and your camera takes such better pics..I may as well just put a link in my blog to go to your page...NOT!!! I have to find batteries to load my pics..AGGHHH

LannaBear said...

You left out the inch worms! Man those horses..Im going to stay away from them, they are baaaaad.