5.23.2008

SHELBYS DAY


BECAUSE OF A very busy week(maybe even month), I feel like i didn't spend much quality time with Shelby, so to make it up to her(and to pacify my own guilt)I put aside and dubbed today-Shelbys Day! This morning we ran to the store and bought blueberry muffins for breakfast came home and watched cartoons together while eating on my bed.

After that I let her water the plants with her 'turtle' cup(got it for her in Hawaii)full of water, needless to say I was on my hands and knees mopping up the spilt mixture of H2O and potting soil just grateful for my daughter. Next on the list was Blog stalking for a good playlist; Jesica Williams won, she always has great jams goin! Volume on high we danced our booty's and my blueberry muffin off! One last activity before nap time..Shelby toned it down and decided she wanted to draw....on me! It being Shelbys day, I of course obliged but 'drew' the line when she headed for my face. Now that I think about it though, I should have just offered it up as her canvas to see how it would have turned out; my curiosity usually wins out...hasn't always served me well! This is her art on my arm, immediately following the final touches Shelby politely added "Thank you, mama"!

So now it is only noon, I don't know what the rest of the day holds but Shelby will inevitably let me know. A promise of baking "coco" I will probably make good on.

2 comments:

The Hawkins Family said...

That is adorable Sarah, I bet you made her feel so good to just have a day to do whatever she wanted with her fave girl, YOU.

Anonymous said...

I love your hands and her art work! I really love the first picture! I want one!!!!