5.23.2008

MY ENDLESS SEARCH

I HAVE, FOR what feels like my entire lifetime been searching for the perfect combination of scents between laundry detergent and dryer sheet. Now this may seem fairly simple to find, BUT it is not; am I right ladies(and maybe gentlemen..id like to know who)? This preoccupation has driven me half crazy in the laundry isle at the store - standing for hours(according to Shelby) unscrewing lids and smelling until I can smell no longer. Lets break it down! Stores, who has the best selection? Products, so many and do we stay green and go with less "chemically" ones or do we stick with less expensive SUPER awesome smelling ones? After that has been decided which one will be chosen out of a mile long wall of options boasting 'fresh meadow', 'clean rain', 'citrus scentsation', and 'lovely lavender'. Say you find one you like. Now the battle of dryer sheet -vs- fabric softener. I am pretty sure, only pretty sure I am a dryer sheet person. So the same problems arise between stores, products, and scents. Say you once again find one you "think" you like the best. Next is the compatibility; do they smell well together? Who knows, standing there in the store!UHHH! Another obvious component (taking it a step farther) is the body chemistry factor; how does your shirt smell once you have worn it a few hours. Do you contribute to the smell or collide creating the "weird smell"?
Those who have labored this decision, please tell me your combo. I would love to know! I have a feeling Moriah might have some insight, my little sock ironing friend!
So far this is my choice-

5 comments:

moriah said...

i think that your liking for certain scents changes and you will probably have to go on another search for the perfect combo some time in the future. i have been using the same stuff forever, because my dear husbands skin is so sensitive that everytime i try to chage it up he breaks out in a rash. and that sensitive skin means no SCENTS. go figure. my days of ironing socks are long gone.

The Chan Clan said...

WOW!!! Sooooo GOOD to hear from you! Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous and she looks like a mini you. I am so thrilled to have heard from you. Your blog is very entertaining and the pictures of your daughter are breath taking. Has it really been since Junior High? WOW....
By the way, I must say that if I could spend a small fortune on laundry detergent I would say Victoria Secrets laundry detergent is by far the greatest detergent in the world. I think they may have discontinued it...awful shame. Maybe check their online store. And no I am not kidding.

My family Begins said...

Wow, this is your endless search? I am so glad you have found it! That's what I love about you, your easily satisfied. Now that you have done the research, I will go out and buy them both and tell you what I think.

Carrie LaHaie said...

Sarah... I know its been forever but I just wanted to say HI!!! And you look AMAZING and your little Shelby is too cute! So good to find you!!!

Anonymous said...

From a practical standpoint, I skip the dryer sheets cuz I hang everything except socks and rags. On occassion I use a little Downey (original scent cuz I'm not original). If you have a water conditioner, it doesn't matter what scent you use because it all rinses out well. (That nice smell of your laundry detergent means you still have soap in your clothes) So I use good ol' Tide because it cleans well then use a little "Clinique Happy" on me. I'm not very poetic, am I. :>) Aunt Carol