1.24.2010

ITALIA - uno

AFTER MOVING THIS month I stumbled across an old pre-digital camera, pre-laptop photo album. They where all from my summer in Italy. I was soooooo happy to look through them but a little sad that I have let so much of why I spent months of my life there go. EVERY MORNING I leave for work and Shelby and I are rushing out the door as she is grabbing her Milhouse and her horse and her mini etch-a-scetch and hot stuff (a sea horse beanie baby type a thingy) and everything else she owns that will surely miss her far to much while she is at daycare I have to holler at her "Andiamo piccola bambina! Sono pronta!" Which she well knows means "Let's go baby girl! I'm ready!". I love it and i miss it. Little things like that is what lingers.
AFTER SOME THOUGHT I realized that letting it go the last few years doesn't take away my experience in Italy and that the passion is still there and it will probably be easier to pick back up with familiarity. SO I SET a goal, 365 days to fluency again. I will make an effort to dedicate 30 minutes of study time each and every day for the next year (more time spent on it during weekends and the few weekdays that Josh has Shelby).
IN THE MEAN time I will periodically blog by city the scanned pictures I have dug out of hiding.

A FEW OF my favorites just to kick off...

My very favorite most coveted picture. Ascoli Piceno in El Centro. Ascoli is the town I lived in. I only had a film camera and a photography class at MCC where I developed a chosen few in the dark room like this one.


L'Isola di Capri


My constant companion

SO IN THE spirit of fluency. 
A phrase of the day: A domani!
Translation: See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

moriah said...

I miss it and I was never there. Looks lovely.