11.26.2008

BROKEN GETS YELLOW NYLON AND VERSED

EARLY SUNDAY AFTERNOON Shelby and I, whole loaf of bread in tow, loaded up to go to the Avian Riparian Park to feed the ducks, walk around and take some pictures. After getting all strapped in I went to turn the key and... nothin! Just this weird clicking noise. So after several attempts to jump the truck I decided to find a way to tow it to the dealership since it was still under warranty. Lucky me it was closed, so we dropped my keys in an envelope in a slot and without any loaner or rental car got home wondering about work and everything else I had to do the next day without a car. Luckily I found a ride and all was well. I got a call later that day from the dealership telling me that it was in fact the battery and that it would be $187.00 please (quietly - its not covered under your warranty). WHAT!!! two hundred bucks for a battery?! Oh and a list if $1900 worth of routine maintenance that needs to be done, needless to say we skipped that but paid for the stupid battery or I should say, paid for the stupid 10 minutes of labor at the dealership.

WHAT ABOUT THE Versed you ask? Oh, what is Versed?... Versed, A.K.A. Midazolam, is used to produce sleepiness or drowsiness and to relieve anxiety before surgery or certain procedures. It is also used to produce loss of consciousness before and during surgery. (drugs.com)
THE NEXT BROKEN was my nose. (6 days before my insurance benefits kick in) Tuesday morning before work I was getting some laundry out of the dryer (stacked on top of the washer), next to the dryer is a shelf, on the shelf is a dutch oven that I bumped knocking off the lid and onto my face. I am so lucky that the whole thing didn't fall off and crack open my skull. Needless to say I made a trip to the ER, they called in plastics and thankfully the bridge bone was not broken but the cartilage was, well, screwed. A few hours, some Versed, Valium and who knows what else I got that started with a V later. I was fixed. Hopefully well. Under bandage I still have yet to see my nose. Fingers are crossed!

MY RIDICULOUS NEW accessory...



THE CULPRIT...

5 comments:

aj perkins said...

Oh my gosh!! Are you okay?? It sounds like you have had one hellofa week. I hope your doing okay! Let me know if you need anything. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!

Jill said...

I am so glad that wasn't more serious, I'm glad you're ok.

The Hawkins Family said...

YOU BROKE YOUR NOSE????????????? Oh my gosh I am so sorry Sarah. that totally sucks. I hope all is better soon.

moriah said...

That is horrible!! When it rains it pours. I hope you are feeling better.

My family Begins said...

Ouch Sarah! I can't even imagine what would have happened if the pan would have fell. I hope your luck picks up.