5.11.2008

"GIRL IN THE BATHROOM"

TAKE ME TO Vegas baby, cuz dang I'm lucky! Friday night I went to see one of my best buds Scott Ables play in his band Signs of Betrayal at the Venue of Scottsdale. Not only did I find Scott out front in a crowd of over 500 people, he took me around to the back entrance to get in as opposed to waiting an hour in line. As we strutted our way up to the door the manager of the Venue stopped us and said in a very very burly, very scary voice "she has to wait in line", Scott protectively rebutted this evil man and said back to him "shes with ME!" (in the mean time i am flashing burly manager man ultra cool, confident stares reading - I'M WITH THE BAND YOU SON OF A...) Just when I thought my luck had run out, the power trippin manager walked away - WRONG MOVE DUDE! He obviously did not know who he was dealing with.
Out of the shadows came 'managers' side kick. Immediately 'side kick' took my arm and said "come with me"! Oh it was on! A full blown covert mission. Running down the hall behind 'side kick' listening to him yell above the music commanding me to "hide in that bathroom until I get back"! WHAT! Well okay man. Suddenly I am standing backstage in the dressing room bathroom. For some reason the only thing I could think to do was take a picture of this shower/boy closet, documentational instincts i suppose.
I am stoked standing there in that obscure green Lu, stuff like this is right up my alley, adventure adventure adventure! Suddenly after a very fast 15 minutes I hear the words echo down the corridor, "girl in the bathroom". Yikes, I sure hope its 'side kick' and not security. It was neither, it was who i would call 'side kicks' side kick! Rushing me out of the bathroom and down that same familiar race track of a hallway, 'side kick' the original barks a warning "keep your hands in your pockets because you have no wrist band" again, WHAT! as I politely point out to 'side kick' the burly manager implementing the wrist band checking system 7 people ahead of me. "Come here! Back to the bathroom! Go, Go, GO!".
Ah my little olive lavoratory, hello again. 5 minutes later, lead singer walks in, I introduce myself (not bothering with my name) "Hi, I'm girl in the bathroom". 5 more minutes later there it is again, the words "girl in the bathroom" 5 seconds later 'side kick' is galloping me down the Brick Yard applying an orange wrist band to my left wrist and directing me off to stage right. Mission accomplished!
The show was amazing which was expected knowing how talented Scott is. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. The 'adventure', the music, the making fun of groupies in my mind. Thanks for everything Scott, especially for being such a valued component of my life for the last 14 years.

No comments: