5.01.2008

FAREWELL FELLAS

I HAVE THIS group of friends I met a few months ago, after a long year of aimlessly wandering around wondering if I really belong in any certain group of friends. Constantly asking myself if I was tapped out on resources in the valley for a chance at a new social circle that cares about me for me; a 'do over' of sorts. One would think not if they knew the enormity of my ex-husbands family. And STILL they know his cousins but I can settle for that. Settle may be the wrong term to use...exceptional people I am lucky to have been befriended by is more like it! You know the kind that build the character of everyone around them just by being them. This is not directed at any one person; collectively they have opened their home and their hearts to little old me and I am a better person for knowing them. Anyone is. Now that I have portrayed myself as a former helpless vagabond, I might clarify that I was always a "Bad A"(there ya go Dave)! They just helped me to remember that a little more often. Thanks Dave, Anthony, Jamison, Ben, and Brandon, and Katie and Ruth!

NOW, FAREWELL FELLAS being the title of this blog, I had better explain. Reminding myself that they will be back in 4 months. Dave and Anthony are going to Portland and Jamison to Las Vegas to sell security systems. They deserve a proper send off!



5 THINGS ABOUT these guys that anyone could see if they met them only once!

DAVE

1. Honest, honest, honest
2. Can keep a secret like no other. Fort Knox baby!
3. Self sacrificing for his kids
4. The very first person in the ward to befriend me
5. Strives everyday to touch someones life

ANTHONY

1. Truly, genuinely cares about the people in his life
2. A real mans man; camper, fisherman, Alaska goin, hard workin, mans man!
3. 6'5"
4. Extremely intelligent
5. NEVER brags about himself to get ahead, and he has a lot to brag about.

JAMISON/MR.CHARISMA

1. Most self perfecting person(in a good way) that I have ever met in my life
2. Re-defines excellence
3. Best Sunday school teacher ever, I mean ever ever! Cant do that without a stellar testimony and an unreal knowledge of doctrine
4. A true entrepreneur and networking extraordinaire
5. Has this amazing desire for true goodness in his life

2 comments:

Jamison Manwaring said...

Sarah this is so nice of you. thanks. A christian quality is being able to find the good in people and it is obvious that our flaws have been thankfully overlooked in your description of us. You have been a delight to get to know and we look forward to hanging again this fall. Take care of my boy Tony! We love ya.

The Baum Squad said...

Oh Sarah...it would be impossible for you to be far from people who love you. You are such a great (interesting) person, one that people are lucky to know. Glad to know your "new" life is being good to you.