12.16.2007

PROUD COLORS OF SUMMER!


MY BEST FRIEND Summer graduated with honors from ASU this last Friday morning. Among Summer and Davids family I sat staring down at a sea of forty dollar maroon polyester gowns only to be worn once(previously discussed with Summer was an exchange program invented by us to give a graduating student the opportunity to sell back the gown for lets say 15 dollars and re-sell them for 25 dollars used; Sort of like the books, because it would only make sense!). The pride I held for my friend that day was enough for the both of us plus 1000. There are no impossibilities or unwelcomed conformation when it comes to Summer. She is an exquisite blend of power and grace. Taking turns for the last 15 plus years watching each other accomplish and conquer has been remarkable to say the least. It was Summers day Friday and I wouldn't have missed that opportunity to be her cheerleader for anything! Fare attenzione il mondo, viene qui Summer!

2 comments:

Summer said...

Sarah, you are too sweet. Thank you so much for your nice words about me (assuming that last sentence isn't an insult--ha ha!) I tried to translate using a website but it was super slow so I'll have to try again in a while. Thank you so much for dragging yourself down to ASU at 8 AM on my behalf. It meant a lot to me to have you there. Thanks for being such a wonderful best friend! If only we could be sisters (wink, wink!). Sorry, I couldn't help myself--you can delete this if you'd like! Love you!

Brooke said...

Hey Sarah! This is Brooke (Jones) Hinckley--I found your blog on Summer's and was excited to see you and your little girl. She is a GORGEOUS little girl! How fun that you were able to go to Summer's graduation. I love the picture of you two!